For over 45 years, Cortec® has delivered environmentally safe, high-performance turn-key solutions for manufacturers, from industries ranging from automotive to aerospace and military industries.
Unlike conventional rust preventatives, Cortec® VpCI® technology includes many dry protection options that offer continuous protection through the action of self-replenishing Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitors. Microbial Corrosion preventatives mitigate the corrosion in hard to reach places on the metal surface.
Packaged metal components can be used immediately without further cleaning or degreasing required, and many VpCI® materials are easy to dispose or recycle after use. VpCI® technology is available in multiple delivery methods to Clean, Protect & Preserve.
Cortec® Integrated Solutions is a revolutionary system of USDA certified biobased products for metalworking industries to protect and preserve industrial assets from damages caused by corrosive process streams throughout the entire product life cycle:
- Protects dry or oiled metals during transit, storage, and oversea shipments through the warranty period
- Combines corrosion protection and packaging into one step
- Effective against aggressive environments including humidity, SO2, H2S, and galvanic corrosion from dissimilar metals.
- Does not influence the physical properties of most sensitive electrical components, including conductivity and resistance.
- Protective layer does not need to be removed prior to further surface finishing or coating application.